It appears Google has recently changed its algorithm for Local Business Listings by only giving the top spots to those feeding the search engine’s ever increasing need for content. Keep reading to learn what are Google Local Business Listings, what’s changed recently, as well as how to optimize so your local business is on top of the map.
Based on researching and observation, the pattern that presents itself for those that are high on the listings is they have:
1. Photos – They only recently they allowed this. Add as many photos as you can and a company logo.
2. Multiple Reviews – It’s important that these be from real customers. You can not have too many. Don’t fake them either, it’s easy to see. Just as with Amazon, people trust products with lots reviews that have kept above three stars.
3. Use Keywords in Company Description – They offer an area where the business representative can describe what the company offers.
4. Use Keywords in Company Name – Don’t be deceptive by changing your company name, but if your keywords are in the extended business name or LLC, make sure this is the name in which you register.
5. Add a Coupon – Google allows printable coupons to be added by your listing. Add these elements to your Google Local Business Listing and you are sure to be in the top ten.
6. Create links to the listing – Add a link from your homepage to the listing and encourage current customers or website visitors to review your company.
7. Add Videos – If your company already has videos on YouTube you can place them right there on the page.